Paint

I did alot of taping and painting today. I pretty much finished up the paint on the helmet today. I taped off all areas that were to be painted gray and sprayed them with Testor's Gloss Gray #1238. After spraying the paint I let it sit for a couple minutes and then removed the tape while the paint was still wet. If you wait too long, you might pull up the paint with the tape. With the frown I left small white area for the "fifth tooth" much like the "move along" trooper's helmet. As for the black areas, I hand painted them. I took a plastic bowl and sprayed some Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Semi-Gloss Black into it. I then used a small paintbrush to paint the "mouth" and lines around the traps and ears.  The hand painted lines are far from perfect, but the original helmets were far from perfect. 

I am going to paint the inside of the helmet black, but I want to get all of the other details worked out before I do that. I plan on making a custom enclosure for the fans, mic, ROM-F/X, etc. Enjoy the pics below. 



1 comment:

b. said...

awesome. i just got my first suit in the mail today. so excited to start putting it together