Trimming Update

Well, I started trimming the kit this morning, and I must say that it's more work than I thought. Trim lines on this armor are some times not very apparent. If the lines weren't very visible from the outside, I could usually see them from the inside of the piece. On some spots, such as the top or bottom of the legs, there were no visible trim lines. I don't know if it's that way so that you can decide how tight or loose of a fit you need, if it's a bad pull, or if it's a problem with the mold.

Right now with the rough trim, I am outlining the trim lines with an ebony pencil. I am then scoring a little outside that line with an x-acto knife. I then bend the plastic at that line to break it. I will then go over the edges with a dremel. In a couple of hours, I've got the arms, ears, and some of the leg pieces trimmed out.

No comments: