My AP armor kit is here!

Well, I received my AP Stormtrooper armor in today (well, actually yesterday as I am posting this very late). I was expecting it to arrive on Monday, so this is a pleasant surprise as I'll get to work on it a little bit this weekend. Here are my initial thoughts / concerns with the armor:
  • There was no padding / packing material in the box, though no armor was damaged.
  • The armor feels pretty durable and looks great.
  • The "aerator sections" of the helmet are very thin and one of the "aerator sections" has a crinkle in the ABS (I'll use some "ABS Goo" (ABS scraps and acetone) to fill it in and to thicken the inside of the helmet's thin areas).
  • The lens material is crap (it's not reflective to where people can't see in). I'll get some better lens' off of eBay or make my own.
  • There are a few "dents" in the abs, mainly a small one of the "Sandtrooper ab plate" and another on the side of the ab section near the kidney.
I will start trimming ASAP. Check back soon for more updates. Here's some pictures of the untrimmed pieces. 



No comments: