The Frown

I drilled out part of the frown earlier today. I'll drill out as much as I can and then move on to "dremeling" out the rest.

I am also working on making a custom frown vent piece to help clean things up on the inside of the helmet. I cut off a piece of the extra ABS that comes with the kit. I heated that piece up over my heat gun (wearing gloves of course). After about 15-20 seconds, the ABS starts to flex pretty easily. At this point, I pressed it in against the inside of the frown. I had to do this a few times to get it formed to the shape of the helmet. From there, I outlined where I wanted to cut with an ebony pencil. I then used my dremel to cut out the frown area. Plastic coated screen material will be glued to this custom piece. I still have to clean up the piece, but you'll get the general idea by looking at the pictures below. 




No comments: